Promoting regional youth!
As part of the Planning and Budgeting Committee flagship Community Involvement program, Kinneret Academic College, in collaboration with the Kinneret Innovation Academy, have over the past year, enabled seventh- through tenth-grade students to become young entrepreneurs with the help of tools that encourage them to develop creative solutions to problems we experience on a daily basis. In 2020, the entrepreneurship program partnered with 13 schools, and awarded ten scholarships through the college.
As part of this project, ideas raised by the wonderful students:
- A smart mechanism for wrapping mail packages.
- An interactive trash can that encourages children to throw garbage into it.
- A device for integrating into the fruit and vegetable marketing chain, which shows the ripeness degree of ripeness for fruits and vegetables.
- A platform for ordering produce directly from the farmer that includes ratings, reviews, location, prices and more.
- An app that rewards those who collect garbage and takes selfies with shopping benefits in large chains.