The Academic Council
Prof. Chezy Ofir – Chairman, President
Prof. Avraham Shitzer – Dean of Faculty of Engineering
Prof. Sibylle Heilbrunn – Dean of Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Dr. Shalhevet Leibovitz-Zur – Head, Department of Quality and Reliability Engineering in the Electronics Industry
Dr. Idit Manosevitch – Head, Department of Communication
Dr. Efraim Aharoni – Head, Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
Dr. Reuven Gafni – Head, Department of Land of Israel Studies
Dr. Ziv Ardi – Head, Department of Behavioral Sciences
Dr. Hila Zaban – Head, Department of Tourism and Hotel Management
Dr. Bat Katzman – Head, Department of Education & Community
Dr. Ran Suckeveriene – Head, Water Industry Engineering
Dr. Yael Dubinsky – Head, Department of Software Engineering
Dr. Giora Goodman – Head, Department of Multidisciplinary Studies
Dr. Yariv Itzkovitch – Head, Department of Human Resources Management
Dr. Niva Dolev – Dean of Students
Jamal Magadla – Chairman, Student Union
Prof. Nimrod Luz
Prof. Amikam Nemorovsky
Prof. Haim Aviram
Prof. Ram Shpiner
Prof. Didi Linn
Dr. Hayah Katz – Representative of senior lecturers
Dr. Uzi Freund-Feinstein – Representative of lecturers
Dr. Orit Yael – Representative of junior lecturers
Prof. Muhamad Akasha
Prof. Moshe Goffen
Mr. Miki Lev – CEO, Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee
Dr. Osnat Suued – Academic Secretary
Ms. Smadi Melamed – Library Manager
Ms. Billie Ganor – Academic Secretariat
Dr. Malki Grossman – Academic Head, Mechina
Ms. Bat-El Heli – Head of Administration, Faculty of Engineering
Ms. Maya Ram – Head of Administration, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Council Authority and Duties
The council discusses and makes decisions on all academic matters, including:
- Recommendations to the president regarding any amendment or addition to the academic regulations.
- Recommendations to the president and, through him, to the general assembly and the management committee, regarding areas of teaching and research.
- Recommendations to the president regarding new study programs and periodic changes in valid programs, including closing existing programs.
- Determining study regulations.
- Setting rules and student acceptance conditions.
- Appointing the appointments committee, teaching committee, student disciplinary committee and other committees, including permanent and ad hoc committees, and delegating authority to them. These committees will routinely report to the academic council about their activities.
- Setting study protocols, including protocols for holding elections.
- Defining student rights and obligations.
- Determining disciplinary regulations for student behavior and staff behavior.
- Establishing regulations and supervising the awarding of certificates and degrees.
- Setting rules and overseeing appointment and promotion of academic staff.
- Supervising and advancing teaching quality.
- Determining regulations and rules for advancing research at the college.
- Setting academic policy in all areas of the college’s operations, ensuring the existence of appropriate academic standards in all fields, and supervising their implementation.
- Approving the president’s recommendations regarding the awarding of honorary degrees by the college. The president may appoint an honorary degree committee with five members, which will act on the council’s behalf in this area.
- Setting operational guidelines for the library and the computerized communications system, in order to ensure they appropriately meet the college’s teaching and research needs.
With regard to all academic matters relating to the Bar Ilan Division, the college will act in accordance with Bar Ilan University requirements.