Microbiology of water and wastewater, emphasis on bio-degradation processes in wastewater treatment plants (Industry and Sanitary)
Doctor Ofir Menashe
Faculty Member (Senior Lecturer),
School of Engineering
Water Industry Engineering B.Sc
Areas of Expertise
Microbiology – Introductory
Microbiology of water and wastewater
Process engineering microbiology
Energy & Environment
Head of the Laboratory of Environmental Biotechnology
Research Comity – Chair
1. Rupak Kumar, Yasmin Raizner, Lilach Iasur Kruh, Ofir Menashe, Hassan Azaizehe, Suman Kapur, Eyal Kurzbaum. Extracellular laccase production and phenolics degradation by an olive mill wastewater isolate. Grasas y Aceites (accepted 10.2017).
2. Eyal Kurzbaum, Yasmin Raizner, Oded Cohen, Ran Y. Suckeveriene, Anatoly Kulikov, Ben Hakimi, Lilach Iasur Kruh, Yair Farber, Ofir Menashe. Encapsulated Pseudomonas putida for phenol biodegradation: Use of a structural membrane for construction of a well-organized confined particle, Water Research, 2017, Vol.121, pages 37-45.
3. Ofir Menashe and Eyal Kurzbaum, A Novel Bioaugmentation Treatment Approach using a Confined Microbial Environment: A Case Study in a MBR Wastewater Treatment Plant, Environmental Technology, (on-line publication, DOI: 10.1080/09593330.2015.1121293), Jan. 2016.
4. Hassan Azaizeh, Eyal Kurzbaum, Ons Said, Husain Jaradat, Ofir Menashe. The potential of autochthonous microbial culture encapsulation in a confined environment for phenols biodegradation, Environmental Science and Pollutants Research (ESPR), 2015 Vol. 22 (19) pages: 15179-15187.
5. Ofir Menashe and Eyal Kurzbaum, Small-bioreactor platform technology as a municipal wastewater additive treatment, Water Science & Technology, 2014, Vol.69 (3), pages 504-510.