The Harry Triguboff Science and Technology Center

Registration
First Name:
Last Name:
Email:  
Phone:
Interested In
select
Confirm receipt of advertisements
Insert your phone and we shall return to you shortly
 
1800-20-90-20

The Harry Triguboff Science and Technology Center





Architect: Arch. Monica Gleit, A.B. Planners
The building was officially opened on October 10 1998

The building was constructed with the generous support of:
Mr. Harry Triguboff
The Rashi Foundation
The Ministry of Education – the Council for Higher Education
The Jordan Valley Regional Council


Harry Triguboff was born in Dalian, (then Darian) in China in 1933, to a Russian Jewish family which fled to China during the Communist revolution. He grew up in Tianjin (then Tiansin) and went to Australia in 1947, to study. In 1960 he decided to settle permanently in Australia and to become an Australian citizen. He started out with a degree in textiles, which was a profession he worked in in Israel and South Africa. He was a taxi driver, a milkman, sold real estate and even worked as a teaching assistant at university, but he didn’t find himself. It was only after he was forced to fire the contractor who was building his house, and he had to complete the construction himself, that he found what he was supposed to do. In 1963 he bought some land together with a partner, and built 8 housing units on it and in 1968 he built another 8 units on Meriton Street from which he took the name of the company he founded in 1968. Since then he has become one of the most successful land developers in Australia. Harry Triguboff became a well-known philanthropist in Israel and Australia. In January 1990 he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia, for service to building and construction and for philanthropy. In 1999 he became an Officer of the Order for service to the community as a philanthropist, and to the residential construction industry. He was the first person to win Australia's Property Person of the Year award twice - in 2003 and then again in 2009. Harry Triguboff has 2 daughters from his first marriage and lives in Sidney with his second wife Ronda.

About the Building

Arch. Monica Gleit: “The building is situated in the center of the college campus located on the southern shore of the Sea of Galilee. As a main building of the college it incorporates a variety of spaces used for offices, classrooms, laboratories, a video studio and communications. The spaces are spread out through the twisty building, and follow circular lines which form a panoramic sheath which offers views of the surrounding landscape from all directions and angles. The building has three stories, but from the main road only appears to have two floors.

In 2000 the building won first prize in a competition designed to promote construction excellence run by the Israel Builders Association, in the public building category.

Building Designation


The Harry Triguboff Science and Technology Center has a total floor space of around 4,400 sq.m. The building incorporates frontal format classrooms, computer laboratories in various fields, laboratories for electronics, instrumentation and control, and science laboratories for physics, chemistry and water engineering. The building contains the offices of the college management, and college administrative personnel offices.

The Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee wishes to express its deep gratitude to Mr. Eli Alalouf, the director general of the Rashi Foundation.